About Shrimp Growers Association
he Belize Shrimp Growers Association (BSGA) is a membership Company Limited by Guarantee and not having a Share Capital. The company is associated and registered under the Companies Act, Chapter 250 of the Laws of Belize, and incorporated pursuant to Section 28 of the Aquaculture Development Act, No. 4 of 2007. For operational purposes, the BSGA is synonymous to a non-profit organization, created to respond to existing and evolving challenges and opportunities of the shrimp industry, driven by principles of growth, innovation, sustainability, and environmental and social responsibility.
The objectives of the BSGA:
• Protect and represent the interests of its Members and Associate Members in all matters dealing with legislation, rules, and regulations governing the operations of the shrimp growing industry.
• Collect and circulate statistics on the industry.
• Communicate and disseminate information relevant to the industry through electronic and other published means.
• Undertake the settlement of trade disputes in the aquaculture industry.
• Represent its Members and Associate members in alliances and partnerships with local and international agencies.
• Enter into contractual agreements, investigations, and research to better advance the interests of the association and its members.
Institutional Vision of the BSGA
‘A thriving innovative shrimp industry that is disease-free, profitable, and contributing significantly to employment generation and sustainable development of Belize’
Institutional Mission of the BSGA
Protecting the commercial interests of the BSGA membership while ensuring the growth of the industry in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable way.
Become a Member
All owners engaged in the business of growing shrimp , in all or any of the stages of their life-cycle, for the purpose of commercial sale shall be eligible for membership